Due to recent high demand, F-Factor is looking for new talent to join our team of RDs at our NYC office.
If you’re a registered dietitian interested in private practice, or already in private practice but looking to get involved in the scientifically-proven F-Factor Diet, please submit resume and cover letter to Tanya@FFactor.com.
Job description is as follows:
The private-practice registered dietitian (RD) or registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) will provide high-quality care to the patients and community that he/she serves. The private-practice RD or RDN will raise the standards of care through ethical practice and compliance with the Commission of Dietetic Registration and state licensing agency, and abide by the Code of Ethics for the Profession of Dietetics, as established by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (the Academy) and the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the private-practice RD or RDN include, but are not limited to:
- Providing medical nutrition therapy and nutrition care to meet patient goals
- Performing nutrition screening, evaluation, and assessment for patients
- Counseling and providing education to patients and families, as well as the behavioral goals to meet recommendations
- Developing educational materials and tools
- Maintaining credentials and continuing education through the Academy
- Marketing, promoting, and raising awareness about nutrition services through communication with area health professionals
- Charting and keeping records to monitor patient progress
- Help to attract clients to the practice by marketing, promoting and generally raising awareness
- Contribute to company communications
The private-practice RD or RDN has the following qualifications:
- RD or RDN credentialing and active status through the Academy and an accredited college or university
- State licensure
- Significant experience and training in outpatient nutrition care
The private-practice RD or RDN has the following education:
- Baccalaureate degree in food and nutrition, dietetics, nutritional sciences, or human nutrition
- Completion of an accredited dietetic internship of ≥900 hours
Skills and abilities
The private-practice RD or RDN has the following skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of menu planning and the conversion of nutrient recommendations into food and menus
- Counseling and educational training for individual and group work
- Ability to troubleshoot problems associated with special needs, such as seniors, families, low-income patients, clinical conditions, and associated comorbidities
- Maintenance of effective relationships with other health care professionals (when sharing patients)
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
Not an RD but want to work at F-Factor? Click here to view our current job openings.