Great Recipes from our Community
Sesame Crusted Chicken Fingers
Per Serving: 170 calories, 19g Carbohydrate, 10g Fiber, 17g Protein, 5g Total Fat, 2g Sat. Fat, 658mg Sodium
Per Serving: 18g Carbohydrate, 10g Fiber
- Serves 4 servings
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
Normally when you read the words ‘chicken fingers’ at a restaurant, your eyes have probably wandered to the kid’s side of the menu. But there’s no kidding around when it comes to this delicious recipe. Our F-Factor Approved chicken fingers update the family friendly classic to new heights with a sophisticated Asian twist. By using fresh chicken breast, we capitalize on one of the best sources of lean protein, giving our chicken fingers the edge over your average processed chicken fingers from the frozen food isle. The addition of sesame seeds provides a unique nutty crunch to the coating, as well as bit of beneficial minerals like copper, magnesium and calcium. Then ginger comes in to elevate the flavor and aid in digestion. As an appetizer or an entrée, this recipe will leave you feeling satisfied and completely guilt-free.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Kellogg’s All Bran, Bran Buds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 16 strips (about 1/4 inch thick pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place All Bran Buds and ground ginger in a food processor; process until the mixture is the texture of bread crumbs. Transfer crumb mixture to a shallow dish. Add the Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds and mix until evenly distributed
- Whisk egg whites in a second shallow dish.
- Sprinkle chicken strips with salt and pepper. Dip each chicken strip into the egg whites and then into the cereal mixture, turn to coat evenly and place each strips on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, about 8-10 minutes.
For a great Asian inspired dipping sauce, click here http://bit.ly/GCIrNy