Great Recipes from our Community
Secret Ingredient Special Brownies
Actual Nutritional Content
Per Serving: 148 calories, 15g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g Protein, 9g Total Fat, 2g sat fat, 65mg Sodium
F-Factor Diet Journaling
Per Serving: 15g carbohydrate, 2g fiber
- Serves Serves 16
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
We love brownies, especially on a day like today. Who doesn’t?! Our brownie recipe is super special—and not just because they are diet friendly. What is it that makes them so special then? They’re all-natural and have a hidden ingredient, something that makes them unlike your average brownie. Something green…Zucchini! Sounds strange but zucchini adds nutrients like fiber plus moisture, as the fat found in normal brownies has been cut down. The chocolate is full of antioxidants and contains mood-lifting agents that get released into the nervous system and induce feelings of euphoria and lust. Our secret ingredient might make you a skeptic but one bite and you’ll swear you’re on cloud 9.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (1 whole) zucchini, grated
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large saucepan, melt vegetable oil and chocolate together on medium heat. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in almond butter, sugar, beaten eggs, vanilla, flour, salt, walnuts and grated zucchini.
- Mix well and add a tablespoon of water at a time if batter is too thick to spread.
- Coat an 8-in square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour in brownie batter. Bake at 350° F. for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and cut into squares.